Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Explorer.exe Has Many Established Connections to Suspicious IPs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fatihso

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:50 PM

Hello guys,

Recently I have noticed that explorer.exe is constantly downloading stuff up to 200KB/sn and when I checked Resource Monitor, there is something going on.

It was even connected to www.sd.gov (South Dakota Ministry website, I don't even live in USA)

I have two mistyped Windows Expolrer on firewall settings.

Last week, I've installed McAfee Live Safe (Legal and Paid) and there was no threats in my PC. Uninstalled it after. Using Windows Defender as usual now.

I've attached Established Connections, please take a look and tell me what can I do to get over this.

Thank you so much.

Attached Files

Edited by fatihso, 25 August 2017 - 09:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fatihso

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:02 AM

Problem solved after installing MalwareBytes and performing a scan.

But how can I delete Windows Expolrer entries in Firewall settings?

Edit: Did that too.

Mod: You may move this topic or Lock it maybe. Seems like I helped myself out.

Edited by fatihso, 26 August 2017 - 12:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users