Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Elon Musk being offensively ignorant

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

Kind of weird to laugh at a competitor when your own company hasn't had a single day of profit in its history and is solely fueled by irrational exuberance, I think.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,930 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

Elon Musk needs a reality check!!!!!

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

Pride goeth before the fall.  [The form that fall takes, and the time it takes to arrive, vary wildly.]  

This clip is clearly very old, as the comment about when he expected Tesla to make a profit is "2013".  I have to agree with him that based on just the appearance of the BYD car it is not a competitor to Tesla (particularly several years ago when they were exclusively marketing the Model S - a high-end luxury-performance car if ever there was one) and it wouldn't even give the Chevy Volt a run for its money.

The above being said, Elon Musk personifies hubris, not just pride, but hubris.  I still hope that Tesla ends up a major player in the electric car market as time goes on because those who are visionary (even if I despise their personalities) and are first to market with a truly spectacular product that's slightly ahead of its time deserve eventual success.  Tesla is not "all about Elon," even if he, or others, think it is.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users