Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't actviate my bought copy of windows 8.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Charzz

Charzz

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

So my harddrive died and I had to go and buy a new one. I installed my copy of windows 8 that I had bought brand new and already had used it in the past to install on my old harddrive that has now crapped out. I go to actvaite windows 8 and it wouldn't let me apparently this is a quite common issue people have had when trying to activate windows 8 after getting a new harddrive. So I found this here that told me how to fix

it http://pureinfotech.com/fix-windows-8-activation-after-clean-install-using-upgrade-media/ so I followed through with those instructions and go to put the key in but this time i get a new error saying: Error code:0xC004c008 The Activation Server reported that the product key has extended it's unlock limit. Well funny that because it seemed to have no issue when it asked for the key to install windows 8. I am at lost on what to do from here, I need to activate my windows 8 obviously so I can get updates and upgrade to windows 10.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

See this web page. Try phone activation first and if that fails call Microsoft.

https://www.techworm.net/2015/08/tutorial-for-fixing-error-code-0xc004c008%E2%80%B2-in-windows-10-and-windows-8-1.html

#3 Charzz

Charzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

Thanks for that I will give that a try later as I am about to go bed now so hopefully that will fix it if not I'll post back.

#4 Charzz

Charzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

Hey thanks called the help support and they have fixed it for me.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

Great. Thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users