Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot error on HP laptop

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Choosechee

Choosechee

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

My HP laptop has a "boot error" when it's turned on.

C0_EE395_C-_DDDD-4_DD7-8_FF7-937_F4_C2_C

Recently, I had to take my computer to a shop because it had a problem that required Windows 10 to be re-installed.  Ever since then, when turned on, it displayed a message on the bottom left saying "Press ESC to open start-up menu," and then, it would start loading Windows.  Well, eventually, something similar to this happened that was just a black screen that happened after the message about the opening the Start menu.  However, I was able to fix it by taking out the battery and putting it back in.  But then after it was turned off, when I turned it back on, the "Boot error" happened, and I could not fix it by taking out the battery.  I'm guessing this problem is caused by whatever is making it say "Press ESC to open Start Menu."  I pressed ESC, and in the Start-up Menu it said that it was from HP, but it wasn't like that before, so, I think the shop might have installed something that shouldn't have been installed to my model of HP.  Here is how the Start Menu looks like:

8042_DB62-4296-4_F72-96_E8-45_D0_AEC86_C

However, I don't know how to fix it and I can't figure out the model number but I do know it is a Pavilion.  Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

What is the model of the Pavilion?

Which version of Windows 10 is this, example Windows 10 Home.

Which update version do you have installed, example 1607, 1703, etc.

Please press the Windows key and the X key together, in the menu that opens select Command Prompt (Admin).

When the Command Prompt opens copy and paste the command below, then press enter.

winver

This will provide you with the requested information.

There are other options which should have been explored before reinstalling the operating system.  For example, you could do a Reset which has the option to save all of your personal files and reinstall the operating system.  The only downside is this will uninstall all third party programs that you installed.

Please do the following to provide us with more information for this computer.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens Click on File which is in the upper left portion of the screen, then click on Publish Snapshot.

In the following screen click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Choosechee

Choosechee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

Please press the Windows key and the X key together, in the menu that opens select Command Prompt (Admin).

When the Command Prompt opens copy and paste the command below, then press enter.

winver

There are other options which should have been explored before reinstalling the operating system.  For example, you could do a Reset which has the option to save all of your personal files and reinstall the operating system.  The only downside is this will uninstall all third party programs that you installed.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens Click on File which is in the upper left portion of the screen, then click on Publish Snapshot.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

I said I can't find the model number!  My Windows 10 version is Home but I don't know the exact version but I do know it's the creators update but not the fall one.  If you actually read the thread, you would know I can't get in Windows, so I can't do anything you said.  I don't even know if the computer can get to the Windows bootloader!  If there's a better subforum for this problem, please move it there, but this is the best one I could find.

#4 Choosechee

Choosechee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

winver

I said I can't find the model number!  My Windows 10 version is Home but I don't know the exact version but I do know it's the creators update but not the fall one.  If you actually read the thread, you would know I can't get in Windows, so I can't do anything you said.  I don't even know if the computer can get to the Windows bootloader!  If there's a better subforum for this problem, please move it there, but this is the best one I could find.

Oh.  I just read my response above and realized it sounded harsh.  I apologize for the tone.  It's just that I am so frustrated.  I can not get on the Windows of that computer because of the issues I stated on the original post.  I am actually currently using my older Dell computer to be on this forum.  Any other suggestions?

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

Take the computer back to the shop which supposedly repaired it and have them either refund you money or repair it.

You do not need to quote my posts, it's just a waste of bandwidth.

Edited by dc3, 25 August 2017 - 11:32 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Choosechee

Choosechee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

Ok, I'll do that.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:23 PM

The model number can either be on a sticker on the bottom of the computer or you can find it in BIOS. If you have the HP support assistant software installed that will also give the model number.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users