Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Controller Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shinx

Shinx

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

So I bought a cheap gaming USB wired gaming controller off of Amazon. If I go to Start > Devices and Printers, I can see that this controller is sometimes detected as "ZD-N+ PS3", and sometimes detected as "ZD GAME FOR WINDOWS", and it will randomly change if I disconnect/reconnect it, or if my computer restarts/hibernates. Every time the controller is detected as "ZD-N+ PS3", my controls in games get scrambled. Is there a way to disable the "ZD-N+ PS3", or force the computer to always detect this thing as "ZD GAME FOR WINDOWS"?

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 24 August 2017 - 05:48 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to 'External hardware'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

The only thing I can think of and suggest is to attach the controller then open Device Manager. If you see both versions then disable ZD-N+ PS3. Also try a different USB port.

#3 Shinx

Shinx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:00 PM

How do I find the controller in Device Manager? I can only find it in Devices and Printers.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

There is no Game Controllers listing? It may be a subcategory under one of the tree branches like USB controller or Pointing device. If not then I am out of ideas on why this problem is happening. You could try downloading Device Cleanup Tool GUI. Detach your Controller, launch the program and look for any reference to your controller. Remove it. Then reboot and attach the controller again. This will reinstall the drive when attached.

http://www.uwe-sieber.de/misc_tools_e.html

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Go to 'Control panel', choose display in the top right corner as 'Small icons' then click on 'Device manager'. This is an image of what it should look like with the places where your controller should show up marked.

Attached File  Device manager.jpg   74.59KB   0 downloads

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users