Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please, help me, damaged file Adobe Photoshop

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 choir1987

choir1987

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

Hello ladies and gentlemen!) Go straight to the essence of the problem. Worked in the same .psd file, the source always remained normal and were opened too, until today, when opening, did not see that all the layers are merged, and the image is just black. The weight of the file has not changed. Is it possible now to pick up this file? Tried various utilities, but they did not help. Thank you.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,817 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:55 PM

Do you, by any chance, have a backup that includes the file in question?

If so I'd try opening the backed-up version to see if it will open, even if it's not exactly the same as the working copy.  There could be a problem with either the file itself or PhotoShop.

Is PhotoShop working for other .psd files you have?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:11 PM

To add to what Brian said.

For the future never work on an original image file, always make a copy and work on that. Never mind the risk of some edit totally messing up the file, if you make some irreversable change which you don't like then you can always delete, go back to the original, make another copy and start the editing process all over again.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 24 August 2017 - 06:12 PM.

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

You might look in the History window, maybe you can go back and restore your correct working image.

top header, Window\History

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#5 choir1987

choir1987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:09 AM

The backup unfortunately is also not responding , it seems there is a sadness

#6 YojimboSan

YojimboSan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

So the backup and original files are both damaged?

#7 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

Just an errant thought: is there any way to re-acquire the source of the image you're trying to retrieve, be it from your camera, email or however you received it? 
Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#8 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Location:This tiny speck in the universe somewhere in the middle of time.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

1v26mb.jpg For projects, documents and art, some people run three projects, rather MAKE THAT >>>(3) three copies in different areas --Different drives -- other department's drives, spare multi GB USB drives whathave you but always use the same ones for habit and speed of saving, its a pain but every so often, every few minutes, save to those three sources, yes a paid for online source might be fine too but can be slow.  If somewhat local your work doesn't slow down, rather you don't slow down, saves are quick.  Sorry, HA! all this could likely be said in one or two sentences.  If you get comfortable doing it its no big thing/hassle.  If memory chips where cheapo type or power goes out or whatever! WHEW ! no problem, your boss in the highrise across town is covered!

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 31 August 2017 - 11:49 AM.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#9 choir1987

choir1987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

backup came to an end(

#10 choir1987

choir1987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:17 AM

Thank you all for the help, as I was advised PSD recovery online , maybe she can help me in this situation

Edited by choir1987, 05 September 2017 - 05:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users