Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creators update breaks random accounts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:59 AM

Hello Guys,
I recently had an issue after the creator's update.

A random user account will stop working properly the start menu will not open.
The windows repair services as sfc and dism will not work only under this account and running them from other accounts will not resolve the issue.
Since this is a domain based environment I cannot simply delete the user and re-created. 
I tried most of the solutions for fixing Windows 10 start menu, unfortunately, this was unsuccessful.
Also if I try to use windows 10 reset option will dramatically fail before the process even starts.
The DISM log is attached I can attach an SFC log file as well but there are no errors or warnings.
Any help will be well appreciated.
Many thanks,
Andy 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

The following resolved the issue :

• Take a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem
  • Rename C:\Users\Default on the Windows 10 install that is having problems, to Default.Old
  • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users