Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to create Bootable USB with HitmanPro.kickstart

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PhilTech

PhilTech

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

Hey,

I've read many forum posts about issues with creating the HitmanPro Kickstart usb but i haven't come across anyone who has the same issue i have. Whenever i try to install it onto the USB stick i get an error message saying "An error occurred while creating the HitmanPro.Kickstart USB flash drive. #50, partitions". Other than this the program works fine when I'm using it to scan etc. I have tried different USB sticks and I've also formatted the drive before attempting to install the product. Nothing seems to work. I've read that i should try it while no other programs are running, this doesn't seem to work either. I don't know if this is relevant but i'm on a Windows 10 64bit Machine trying to do this using the 64bit version of HitmanPro (3.7.9).Thanks for any help you can give me in advance. 

Regards,

PhilTech

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,267 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

During creation of the Kickstart flash drive it is not important to know what version of Windows is on the infected machine you are going to use the flash drive for. The Kickstart flash drive contains both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of HitmanPro. During the boot process it is determined what version of WIndows is on the infected machine, and the proper version of HitmanPro is automatically selected. This allows the same Kickstart flash drive to be used on different versions of Windows.

However, according to HitmanPro Support, HitmanPro.Kickstart will not work on Windows 8 (and newer operating systems) because it's boot method is different...see here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 PhilTech

PhilTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:36 AM

Thank you very much for the quick answer. I wasn't aware that they haven't updated it to work with the latest Operating systems. I'll just have to find another solution and hope that they add compatibility  for Windows 8+ soon.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,267 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:04 AM

List of Anti-virus vendors that offer free LiveCD/Rescue CD utilities
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 opera

opera

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:10 AM

Reason it was removed

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/637431/need-older-version-of-hitman-pro-with-kickstart/#entry4160986

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users