Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Reader Save As dialog

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Richard ken

Richard ken

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:34 PM

When I was reading a pdf on internet explorer with adobe reader, I wanted to save the pdf but I was rushing and accidentally click something and it change my save as dialog interface.

Here is an example of how the adobe reader would look on internet explorer:

003_entire_toolbar.jpg

And this is how my save as dialog look before I accidentally pressed something:

01_windows_standard_save_dialog.png

How it looks like when I screwed up

IC534156.png

All the pictures are taken from the internet but this should explain the situation I have created. Does anyone know how to switch it back? Thank you

Edited by hamluis, 24 August 2017 - 08:44 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Business Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

If what you have posted is what you're seeing then it looks like an accidental "wrong item click"

The first dialog is clearly a "Save as" dialog while the second is clearly an "Open" dialog.  Are you saying that when you are certain that you have activated "Save as" that you are being presented with an Open dialog?

Also, you should check if the same behavior exhibits itself if you open a PDF file in Reader outside the web browser and attempt to do a "Save as."

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#3 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:08 AM

If what you have posted is what you're seeing then it looks like an accidental "wrong item click"

The first dialog is clearly a "Save as" dialog while the second is clearly an "Open" dialog.  Are you saying that when you are certain that you have activated "Save as" that you are being presented with an Open dialog?

Also, you should check if the same behavior exhibits itself if you open a PDF file in Reader outside the web browser and attempt to do a "Save as."

Sorry, that image should have also been a Save As dialog box and not a Open dialog box

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

Well, based on what you've now mentioned, I expect that you somehow at one point accidentally activated the "Save as type" box, setting it to text (.txt), and that's being remembered.  Those choices often are remembered between sessions for specific settings.

Just change it back to PDF and all should be right with the world again.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#5 dziabong

dziabong

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:43 PM

@britechguy: Maybe I'm getting something wrong, but for me it seems that the problem reported here is this XP looking style of "Save as" dialog.

@Richard ken: Am I right? If so, please check - as @britechguy asked - if this affects also "Save as" invoked from desktop Adobe Reader - but also other applications (e.g. notepad).

Edited by dziabong, 26 August 2017 - 03:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users