Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Factory Reset emachines et1331g-o7w

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 nomore568

nomore568

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

Is there a way i can reset my emachines et1331g-o7w pc?

Ive been looking for a while and i cant find a way

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:26 AM

I would try contacting http://emachines-us.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38287/~/windows-10%3A-reset-your-pc-to-factory-settings-using-emachines-care-center .

Louis

#3 nomore568

nomore568
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

it wont let me contact cause my serial number isn't valid for warranty or something.

#4 nomore568

nomore568
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

actually could i use this http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/ to upgrade to windows 10? i took this from you're reply on another post

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

Did you read the article by Mr. Bott?  That should answer any questions that you might have about upgrading to Win 10.

Alternatives.

Louis

#6 nomore568

nomore568
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:33 PM

should i make a bootable drive or just do the upgrade?

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

Is there a legible Windows 7 COA sticker with the key on the side or bottom of the computer? 

If you plan on upgrading to Windows 10 you will download the Media Creation Tool. Double click and select Updgrade this Computer. In order to still get the free upgrade to Windows 10 the Media Creation Tool needs to be run inside of Windows. You cannot boot a DVD or USB of WIndows 10 and upgrade.

Before you do this I recommend you download Advanced Tokens Manager and backup your activation files. This would give you a chance to reinstall Windows 7 if Windows 10 does not work for you.

Unzip Advanced Tokens Manager to your desktop. Run the program. Make a note of what Windows 7 key it finds. Click the Activation Backup button. When the Activation backup is complete the button changes to Activation Restore. Copy the unzipped folder on the desktop to a USB key.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

I cannot tell you...what is best for you and your system..  What you want today...may change tomorrow.  So I would think that you would want at least two different possibiities, as opposed to locking yourself into one-way traffic.

But...I've been wrong before :) and I'm sure that trend will continue into my future :).

Louis

#9 nomore568

nomore568
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

Is there a legible Windows 7 COA sticker with the key on the side or bottom of the computer? 

If you plan on upgrading to Windows 10 you will download the Media Creation Tool. Double click and select Updgrade this Computer. In order to still get the free upgrade to Windows 10 the Media Creation Tool needs to be run inside of Windows. You cannot boot a DVD or USB of WIndows 10 and upgrade.

Before you do this I recommend you download Advanced Tokens Manager and backup your activation files. This would give you a chance to reinstall Windows 7 if Windows 10 does not work for you.

Unzip Advanced Tokens Manager to your desktop. Run the program. Make a note of what Windows 7 key it finds. Click the Activation Backup button. When the Activation backup is complete the button changes to Activation Restore. Copy the unzipped folder on the desktop to a USB key.

if you mean a sticker with my product key then yes. i will do this token manager thing before i do the windws 10 upgrade.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

Note: Make sure you make a note of the key ATM finds. Use this tool to download your version of Windows 7 iso, home or pro. Be sure to select COEM of either Home or Pro, not Retail. You can then burn an iso of Windows 7 to DVD by right clicking and selecting burn disk image.

#11 nomore568

nomore568
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:44 PM

I dont have a dvd but could i put the activation thing on an sd card and make bootable flash drive for windows 7

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

That's fine. Make the bootable USB with the iso and Rufus. Leave all boxes as checked. Make sure you see iso image in the dropdown box. Click the icon and browse to the iso file. Press Start. All data on the USB will be wiped. After installing Windows 7 with the key you found with ATM copy the folder to the desktop and click on the Activation Restore button. 

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

For a clean install of Windows 7 you will need to download two updates manually before Windows 7 will start offering automatic updates. 

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/650761/new-install-of-win-7-win-updates-trash-it/?p=4276275

You may also need to update drivers for Ethernet and Wifi. If you know your Emachines support site I would download the drivers for Windows 7 that are offered before doing the clean install.

Follow this guide on a clean install. Use the key found by ATM, not the one on the side of the computer.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clean-install-windows-7-2624917

Edited by JohnC_21, 24 August 2017 - 02:52 PM.

#13 nomore568

nomore568
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

Ok ill gt all this set up then do the upgrade and revert back to windows 7 ifmi have issues

#14 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

Good Luck, post back on how the upgrade to Windows 10 went. After the upgrade you can always do a clean install of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable DVD, USB flash drive, or iso file. The activation of Windows 10 will be a digital license stored on Microsoft servers so when reinstalling Windows 10 there will be no need to enter a key. Leave the key input blank and press next.

Edited by JohnC_21, 24 August 2017 - 03:01 PM.

#15 nomore568

nomore568
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

on the windows 10 upgrade it says my NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 isnt compatible with windows 10. Is there a way to make it work or should i just fresh install windows 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users