Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wifi adapter qualcomm treshold disconnected after driver update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hansb1

hansb1

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

I have a windows 10 (creators update) laptop hp pavilion g7-2325sb.

i had a windows popup of hp support assistant that there was an update of the qualcomm threshold ar9485 wifi adapter driver windows 8.1.

Hp support assistant also indicated an update of the lan adapter driver

i didn't pay attention on the fact it was not windows 10 and i executed the download and the installation but the installation failed.

Before the installation hp support made a repair point

Then i made the update of the lan driver: here hp support also made first a repair point:but the download did not succeed because there was no wifi.

Then i tried my wifi connection and the medium (ipconfig) was disconnected.

I looked then to the repair points and i saw only one repair point made today.

I restored the repair point and tried the wifi without succes.

I then restored an older repair point but the restoration did not finish successful.there was an error code.

then i updated the driver in the device manager with success: but again no wifi

the hp site has only windows 8 drivers for my laptop: i could run those in compatibility mode but the installer of the hp driver thus not run on windows 10.

what can i do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hansb1

hansb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

the wifi adapter does not calls "treshold" but athresos"!

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

This topic on the HP forums may provide a solution, follow the 'WLAN' link in the first reply.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-10-Qualcomm-Atheros-AR9485-Wifi-Adapter-Driver/td-p/5268717

There appears to be a lot of unhappiness with this adapter generally and the suggestion is made elsewhere to replace it with the Intel 7260 adapter but I am not sure that this unit is still available and before I did that I would check carefully that it is compatible with your HP laptop. An alternative solution would be to remove the built-in adapter and use a USB wifi dongle, there are some very effective and compact models available. Purely as an example look at the TP-Link range.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users