Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory Usage High (Up to 90%) after a couple of hours

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fuzmaster

fuzmaster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

For some reason recently, I've been seeing my ram usage go all the up to the mid 90% within either 1-2 hours, even when I've been having the same programs open (usually chrome and firefox), haven't installed anything new since the incident. So I don't understand why my memory usage has been going up so high (40 to 90) I have an i7 4770k and 16 gigs of ram.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

Try clicking alt, ctrl, delete at the same time and open the task manager. Look at the memory column and see what program is using your memory and report back here.

#3 fuzmaster

fuzmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

I just usually use chrome and firefox, those would be the highest ones, otherwise I didn't do anything different. I updated killer networking suite and I'm going to see if that did it.

#4 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

If a program becomes corrupted it can be using a lot of memory in the background.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:33 PM

Please do the following and post the version of Windows you are running.

Press the Windows key R key at the same time to open the Run box. Copy and paste or type in winver, then press Enter.  This will show the version of Windows 10 you have running.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 721 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

Hi, we need more information, go to search and type:- command prompt, right click on the returned command prompt and select "run as administrator" an elevated cmd prompt will open, copy and paste all the text below into the cmd prompt window.

echo > 0 & systeminfo | find /V /I "hotfix" | find /V "KB" >> 0 & WMIC /Node:localhost /Namespace:\\root\SecurityCenter2 Path AntiVirusProduct Get displayName /format:list >> 0 & wmic PATH Win32_VideoController GET Description,PNPDeviceID /format:list >> 0 & tasklist /v >> 0 & net start >> 0 & echo >> 0 & notepad 0

Press enter, please ATTACH the notepad output here in your next thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users