Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Scheduler

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 z0614

z0614

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:51 AM

I was looking at my task scheduler and noticed that configuration for any given task is set for ie:  Vista,   Win 8 or win 7

anything but windows 10 which is currently installed.

attached is an example.  

Question:  should this configuration indicate windows 10 since that is what is installed?

thank you

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:21 AM

Are you having any issues with your computer? If not, don't worry about things like that.

#3 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:09 AM

Hi, what you are seeing is normal if you look at other scheduled tasks you will see some that are windows ten, the mention of Vista etc.. is a legacy from earlier OS. Since the schedule is running on win 10... that's what it is doing, as suggested leave it alone, you need to invoke properties for the schedule, to change it anyway.

#4 z0614

z0614
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

Thanks so much for the replies.  I have had so many problems with computer, some of it of my own doing I am sure.  Somebody has had access to my system for at least three years now.  I think they are gaining access somehow thru the printer.  Files disappear or change.  Settings change.  Constant issue with passwords.  My suspect did live in the house and I allowed on my network not knowing he was accessing my computer.   After he left the house,

is was still getting in somehow.  The internet account is no longer in my name so I think it may be over.   thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users