Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to get sound to play from my desktop computer to the TV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gchunter

gchunter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:10 PM

I'm not getting sound from my tv when I insert a dvd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

How is the TV connected to the PC?

Did you ever get sound before?

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 793 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

It depends on how your connecting to your tv:

if using hdmi then audio will go thru the HDMI cable, you may have to set your playback to HDMI audio source to default if the computer doesn't automatically detect the HDMI cable correctly.

if using DVI/VGA cable to tv then you'll have to run the audio out from your computer to the audio in thats tied to the DVI/VGA on the tv, if it is equipped with that option.

if you don't have an audio in on your tv that is tied to the VGA/DVI input then you'll have to get some external speakers and run the audio thru those to get sound for your tv video.

Edited by mightywiz, 23 August 2017 - 09:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users