Please do the following. Please download and run RKillRKill
is an easy to use tool that kills known processes and removes Windows Registry entries that stop a user from using their normal security applications. RKill will not remove any of the processes it stops, you will need to run security scans to remove any malware found. These settings will remain until the computer is rebooted, for this reason you must run your security applications before the computer is rebooted, do not turn off the computer untill all of the scans have been run
Please download RKill
and install it.
RKill will start immediately after it is downloaded.
has finished running a log will be displayed showing all of the processes that were terminated by RKill.Attention
: At this time you need to run your security applications listed below.
is running you may see a message from the malware stating that the program could not be run because it is a virus or is infected. This is the malware trying to protect itself. Two methods that you can try to get past this and allow RKill to run are:
1) Rename Rkill so that it has a .com extension.
2) Download a version that is already renamed as files that are commonly white-listed by malware. The main Rkill download page
contains individual links to renamed versions.
After the application has run successfully and you have run the requested scans you should reboot the computer to restore the processes and Windows Registry entries.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2
1) Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.
2) Malwarebytes will automatically open, click on Update Now to update to the newest definitions.
3) Click on Settings, when Settings opens click on Detection and Protection, then under Non-Malware Protection, click on the down arrow for PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) detections and select Treat detections as malware. Under Detection Options place a check in the box for Scan for rootkits
4) Click on Scan (next to Settings), then click on Scan Now. The scan will automatically run now.
5) When the scan is complete the results will be displayed. Click on Delete All.
6) Please post the Malwarebytes log.
To find the Malwarebytes log do the following. Copy and paste the log in your topic.
*Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
*Click the Scan Tab at the top.
*Click the View detailed log link on the right.
*Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
*Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on yout Desktop or another location.
*Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
Please download Malwarebytes Antirootkit
, follow the prompts to install it.
In the introduction page you will be asked to agree on the license agreement, by clicking Next
you will be agreeing to the terms of the license.
You will be prompted to update the database, click on Update
, then Next
To start the scan click on Scan
When the scan has completed it will display either Scan Finished: No malware found
, or Malware Found
. Click on Next
Be sure that each check box has a check in it, and make sure there is a check mark in the Create Restore point
box. Click on Cleanup
. Please click on Yes
to restart the computer.Please run the ESET OnlineScan
This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to allow this to run
till it is completed.
***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need
to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***ESET Online Scanner
- Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
- Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that
- Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
- Remove found threats
- Scan archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Start to begin scanning.
- ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
- If threats are found click on Save to text file in Documents.
- Open Documents, find the report, copy and paste it in your topic.
Edited by dc3, 23 August 2017 - 09:10 AM.