Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows performance analyzer errors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pcnoob12123

pcnoob12123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

Hi! Sorry if I put this in wrong topic, i didnt know which one was good for this. So I have DPC latency high and I was trying to solve it by this https://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-7-windows-vista-tutorials/5721-how-diagnose-fix-high-dpc-latency-issues-wpa-windows-vista-7-8-a.html 

But the cmd part didnt work for me. i tried it with the administration too but it didnt work.

Before that part it said Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]

© Корпорация Майкрософт (Microsoft Corporation), 2013. Все права защищены.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>xperf -on DiagEasy

C:\WINDOWS\system32>xperf -d %userprofile%\Desktop\trace.etl
Merged Etl: C:\Users\user\Desktop\trace.etl
The trace you have just captured "C:\Users\user\Desktop\trace.etl" may contai
n personally identifiable information, including but not necessarily limited to
paths to files accessed, paths to registry accessed and process names. Exact inf
ormation depends on the events that were logged. Please be aware of this when sh
aring out this trace with other people.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>xperf %userprofile%\Desktop\trace.etl
xperf: error: C:\Users\user\Desktop\trace.etl: ╧рЁрьхЄЁ чрфрэ эхтхЁэю. (0x800
70057).

Microsoft ® Windows ® Performance Analyzer Version 6.3.9600
    Performance Analyzer Command Line
    Copyright © 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Usage: xperf options ...

xperf -help start            for logger start options
        xperf -help providers        for known tracing flags
        xperf -help stackwalk        for stack walking options
        xperf -help stop             for logger stop options
        xperf -help merge            for merge multiple trace files
        xperf -help processing       for trace processing options
        xperf -help symbols          for symbol decoding configuration
        xperf -help query            for query options
        xperf -help mark             for mark and mark-flush
        xperf -help format           for time and timespan formats on the comman
d line
        xperf -help profiles         for profile options

When I tried it with non administration it just gave me xperf error nt kernel logger

Thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 23 August 2017 - 07:54 AM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Vista - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 lmacri

lmacri

• Members
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

Hi pcnoob12123:

What is your Windows OS?  Your thread has been moved to the bleepingcomputer's Vista board but the Build 6.3.9600 of your Performance Analyzer would suggest Windows 8.1.

Do you mean your computer performance is generally slow, or does your system display the symptoms of Deferred Procedure Call (DPC) latency as described in the Microsoft TechNet discussion DPC latency unacceptably high, causing jerky performance and driver issues like stuttering real-time audio and video streams or jerky mouse movements that are often related to hardware driver issues?

Just FYI, the link in your original post is broken (it looks like it has a few extra spaces or characters at the end of the URL) and throws a 404 error when I click it.  I think the correct link is https://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-7-windows-vista-tutorials/5721-how-diagnose-fix-high-dpc-latency-issues-wpa-windows-vista-7-8-a.html.

-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.3.0 * NS Premium v22.10.0.85 * MB Premium v3.1.2

Edited by lmacri, 23 August 2017 - 03:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users