Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 Home 64 bit Version 1607

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Old_Feller

Old_Feller

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:57 PM

Win 10 Home 64 bit Version 1607

If I understand, this computer should have UEFI, rather than old-hat BIOS.

The instructions I have found; 

settings/update & security/recovery to "Advanced Setup".

Restart Now/troubleshoot/advanced options/startup settings/restart ...

does not get me into UEFI.  The option that's supposed to be there is simply completely missing. I guess Microsoft has changed their minds about putting it there. Or, it's an upgrade-from-Win 7 hiccup.

I can access what must be part of UEFI by restarting and pressing ESC. But all that is there is Please Select Boot Device, with 3 options, non being USB.

And that is it; there is nothing else available there. I've tried everything I can think of to page-over or anything. I was exploring changing boot order, so I can download new Windows 10 iso from flash drive.

As always

sincere gratitude.

Don

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

Are you having a problem related to the BIOS?

Please post the make and model of this computer.  If it is a custom build please post the make and model of the motherboard.

Most motherboards have the choice for either the UEFI or BIOS.  In order to access the BIOS/UEFI you will need to boot into the BIOS.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users