Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem needs investigating. I've already solved it, but SQL still has problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 faster

faster

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

I've had a frequent problem, where something disconnects my internet access. Happened over 10 times.

It does so in more than one way. It ALWAYS occurs when I'm at DailyKos making a particularly pithy and well thought out political comment (NEVER abusive). When I try to post it, my connection is cut off. This has happened at least 10 times, and ALWAYS under those circumstances. Never otherwise.

I used to get around it by rebooting. And once or twice I had to reinitiate my modem with various methods. But this time, they've taken it further and that didn't help. ALL connections timed out. I mooched around my system and found that somehow my internet device was from Samsung, when it has always been from RealTek. I have no Samsung devices on my PC.

I've solved THAT part of the problem by updating my RealTek device, and suddenly, the internet was working again. But I have to keep updating it.

BUT on one site, a "Contentteller" window (with no URL) showed up:
"The MySQL database of this Contentteller Content Management System installation has encountered the following problem:
The MySQL database server is not reachable

Please try it in a few minutes again. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Have you EVER heard of Contentteller? What should I do about my SQL to make it "reachable"?

Now I'm browsing, but this particular site has now REFUSED to connect. How is this possible? I went there to discuss this same problem. Something is VERY wrong here.

These disconnections were malicious. I don't need a solution from you for the disconnections. What I'm asking for is to find out how this was done to me, and, if possible, by whom. I already know the why of it. Nor do I doubt I'm their only victim.

I am appealing to your most sophisticated experts, who can help look into these criminals and what they do, to whom, and how they do it. I am bringing this whole thing to the attention of DailyKos. It probably had nothing to do with them, but these attacks are so extremely specific that it might be a vulnerability of their own. It could be misbehavior of an employee.

I'd ask you to work with DailyKos, and together you may figure things out. I'm giving them permission to discuss my problem with you.

I got my comment posted, in spite of this crime. It's time to strike back at these kinds of criminals, and I'm calling on you to help.

When there are no consequences for cybercrime, we get more cybercrime.

Let's dish out some consequences?

And please tell me what to do about that SQL thing.
Thanks

Edited by faster, 21 August 2017 - 09:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users