Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows unusable/freezes in normal mode, works fine in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 mtgee

mtgee

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

hello p much what is happening is i left my pc yesterday to download something overnight i wake up my pc is shut down [probably crashed] i try to start it it works, now after i log in my account in normal mode, it freezes and it p much doesnt work at all and is i guess unusable, i boot into safe mode it works just fine, disabled start up applications and non-microsoft services doesnt work, really need help, thanks

Now, that was yesterday, today I was able to some what make it work, I uninstalled discord and reinstalled amd drivers and it worked but the thing is if i do some specific stuff or open an application it freezes and lags until i end process on task manager whichs not easy and takes like 5 minutes to stop, chrome works fine, but whenever i try to turn origin and run fifa 16, origin opens but when i click play on fifa 16 it doesnt open and lags my pc until i end origin and fifa 16 which takes lots of times, another application is Display Driver Uninstaller it doesnt work and i cant end it because it lags and doesnt open as well so i wait like 10-15 minutes it crashs and says something like this application stopped working, cant remember but i really need help with this, i would reinstall windows 7 but my internet is very slow and i dont have a disk, i only have windows 10 on my pc but it doesnt work well with my laptop.

Hope you guys help me, thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

Can you go into safe mode and uninstall the program your downloaded all night that may have cause the problem?

Chances are it isn't compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Also if that doesn't help we really need to know what you have. We need the specs of your hardware like make/model if store bought, Motherboard/CPU/graphics card/ RAM/PSU name and wattage if a custom build. The answers may be different depending on what you have.

Edited by HyperHenry, 21 August 2017 - 08:22 PM.

#3 mtgee

mtgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

Can you go into safe mode and uninstall the program your downloaded all night that may have cause the problem?

Chances are it isn't compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Also if that doesn't help we really need to know what you have. We need the specs of your hardware like make/model if store bought, Motherboard/CPU/graphics card/ RAM/PSU name and wattage if a custom build. The answers may be different depending on what you have.

Thanks for the response, the program I was downloading didnt even finish I forgot to say this but when I woke up my pc wasnt even up I assume it crashed when I opened it the problem started happening.

Its a laptop, dell inspiron n4050

Specs: i3-2350m

4 GIGS of DDR3 ram

AMD Radeon 7450M 1G

Win 7 64 bit

Edited by mtgee, 21 August 2017 - 08:34 PM.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

I would try using system restore to restore it to before the problem occurred, as a first point of call.

#5 mtgee

mtgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

I would try using system restore to restore it to before the problem occurred, as a first point of call.

Dont have any system restore saved :/

#6 mtgee

mtgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

Wait, never mind, apparently, Ihave one which I didnt make, its only for the instillation of my amd driver, nevermind :/

Edited by mtgee, 21 August 2017 - 09:01 PM.

#7 ilonggo

ilonggo

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

Hello mtgee, I hope you solved your issue now. Just in case you didn't, while you are in safe-mode, try to un-install those software that you just installed then use the "msconfig" to disable all start-ups. Then restart your PC.

#8 mtgee

mtgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:16 PM

Hello mtgee, I hope you solved your issue now. Just in case you didn't, while you are in safe-mode, try to un-install those software that you just installed then use the "msconfig" to disable all start-ups. Then restart your PC.

didnt really solve it, what softwares you mean?  the origin one? and i have all startup applications disabled and all non-microsoft services :/

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

Please do a Clean Boot.  This may point to what is causing this problem.

How to perform a Clean Boot

Warning:  Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended.  For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

1.  Click on the Start orb, then type msconfig.exe in the Search programs and files box.  

2.  When msconfig is seen in the pane above the search box and under Programs, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

3.  Click on the General tab.   

4.  Click the Selective startup option.

5.  Remove the check mark in the Load startup items  check box.

6.Click on the Services tab.

7.  Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

8.  Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

9.  Click on Hide all Microsoft services.  Click on Apply then OK 

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.  

Let me know if the problem persists after restarting the computer.

If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.

10.  Divide the number of these services by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart
the computer.

11.  If the problem doesn't return in those services remove the checks and place checks in the remaining
services.

12.  When you find which half the service is in go on to the next step.  

13.  In the half that the problem came back in you should remove the checks from the first half or the
services.

14.  Restart the computer.  If it isn't in the first half of these services, do the same with the last half of the
services.

15.  Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services remove the checks one at a time till
you find the service at fault.

Once you have found the service post it in your topic.  Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#10 mtgee

mtgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

Please do a Clean Boot.  This may point to what is causing this problem.

How to perform a Clean Boot

Warning:  Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended.  For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

1.  Click on the Start orb, then type msconfig.exe in the Search programs and files box.  

2.  When msconfig is seen in the pane above the search box and under Programs, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

3.  Click on the General tab.   

4.  Click the Selective startup option.

5.  Remove the check mark in the Load startup items  check box.

6.Click on the Services tab.

7.  Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

8.  Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

9.  Click on Hide all Microsoft services.  Click on Apply then OK 

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.  

Let me know if the problem persists after restarting the computer.

If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.

10.  Divide the number of these services by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart
the computer.

11.  If the problem doesn't return in those services remove the checks and place checks in the remaining
services.

12.  When you find which half the service is in go on to the next step.  

13.  In the half that the problem came back in you should remove the checks from the first half or the
services.

14.  Restart the computer.  If it isn't in the first half of these services, do the same with the last half of the
services.

15.  Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services remove the checks one at a time till
you find the service at fault.

Once you have found the service post it in your topic.  Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.

First off, thanks for responding just want to point out that, i have already tried a clean boot as shown here, r5LAuCQdS5GyXAO9e40hGg.pngalso just wanted to say that i think I have a virus, i just looked into the startup tab and theres microsoft.exe which i have never seen before, i googled a bit and its a virus and i assume thats my PCs problem, as you can see here A_iPAn5qTWeinChFWJuobw.png

hopefully you can help me remove it fast since i googled and it apparently stores all my keyboard stuff like a keylogger.

#11 ilonggo

ilonggo

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:13 PM

Hello, please try to run Rkill, then RogueKiller and Malwarebytes. I would also suggest to re-install your Display driver.

#12 mtgee

mtgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:30 AM

Well, I deleted that Microsoft.exe and I found tmp.exe with same icon deleted that as well now the PC is unusable in normal mode again and I can't even open chrome in safe mode or it freezes and does same thing on normal mode. X.X

#13 mtgee

mtgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:31 AM

Also on task manager on the process tab doesn't show the process name says my user name and no process name like it used to be

#14 ilonggo

ilonggo

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:47 AM

If you are not able to download the tools I mentioned in your computer. Can you do it on other computer? Have you tried my suggestions? If so, how is it going?

#15 mtgee

mtgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:07 AM

I will do what you said, thanks if it doesn't work I will try and install Windows 7 again using a bootable usb I will make.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users