Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Delete Pictures From Paint

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbidoso

Bobbidoso

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

I push the space bar plus R, or is it the Ctrl + R, well anyway I get a window, I type in regedit, then I get a window that will make changes to my computer, and I click yes.  Next I get a window with a very long list of meaningless (to me)  stuff.  I was told to do something with this: HKEY-current user/software/microsoft/windows/current version/Applets/paint/recent file list.  l have no idea what this means or what to do with it.  People really have a hard time explaining to others how to solve problems, especially people who are not very well versed in computers.  Why can't Microsoft just put a button there that says "delete picture", and wham, it gone?  Any help from the Bleeping Community will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 llinhuz

llinhuz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:45 PM

You can delete it from the recent file from my computer:

1. Press Windows key +E.
2. On the left pane you can see the recent document.
3. You can delete those files which you open recently.

#3 Bobbidoso

Bobbidoso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

Thank you very much, task was accomplished.  I had to work at it to make it work.  When you click on the recent file you want to delete, it shows the picture, at the bottom of the picture is a "trash can" and when you click on it, it deletes the picture.  Thanks again.

#4 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:54 AM

I push the space bar plus R, or is it the Ctrl + R, well anyway I get a window, I type in regedit, then I get a window that will make changes to my computer, and I click yes.  Next I get a window with a very long list of meaningless (to me)  stuff.  I was told to do something with this: HKEY-current user/software/microsoft/windows/current version/Applets/paint/recent file list.  l have no idea what this means or what to do with it.  People really have a hard time explaining to others how to solve problems, especially people who are not very well versed in computers.  Why can't Microsoft just put a button there that says "delete picture", and wham, it gone?  Any help from the Bleeping Community will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Just the most common of Windows literacy is necessary and nothing more.  Know the directory path of the file you want to remove.  Find the file  (your picture which was created in MS Paint), left-click on the file to highlight it, and then right-click on it, and choose "Delete", and choose OK.    Another way:  Find the file through File Explorer, left-click to highlight it,  click on the File menu, select "Delete", and then select OK.

Either way, the chosen file will be put into Recycle Bin, for confirmed deletion later when you choose or are sure.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

I have no idea where this suggestion to use Regedit to delete a file came from nor who made it but it is one of the most dangerous suggestions I have heard recently.

The Registry is a central feature of all Windows systems since Win 95 and is critical to the operation of Windows and you do not NOT make changes there unless you know what you are doing AND have backed up the Registry first.

I am not having a pop at the OP but at whoever made this suggestion.

As Cafejose has said, the simplest way to delete a file is to use File Explorer, as it is called in Win 10, and you are probably using the default file locations so it is likely to be in either 'My documents' or 'My pictures'. If you find a file that you think is the correct one you can always double click on it to see it just to be sure. Then close the file and delete it as Cafejose has outlined. I think every Win 10 computer I have looked at has an icon for File Explorer on the taskbar - it looks like a roughly yellow square.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

I am actually trying to figure out what, exactly, it is that the OP wants to delete.

It seems to me it's more along the lines of removing a file or files from the "Recent" list in a program or Jump List rather than how to delete a file itself.

In any case, one need not  and should not ever edit the registry to do this.  

If you want to delete the Recent Files list, see one of the results returned by:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=clear+recent+files+list&t=h_&atb=v33-7__&ia=web 

If you want to clear the Jump List, see one of the results returned by:  http://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+clear+jump+list&t=h_&atb=v33-7__&ia=web

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users