Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Syncing External HDD via Macrium Reflect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zanshin777

zanshin777

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

I want to create a folder on my desktop.

I want to copy that folder on my external hdd.

When I want to link my external hdd to my computer I want them to be synced as two-way. Macrium Reflect finds the modified and missing ffiles and sync them.

Could you guide me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

FreeFileSync  (downloaded from fosshub) or 2BrightSparks' SyncBackLite (now version 8.2) may do the job much better than most backup / restore / cloning programs -- IMO.   I've been using MR6 for some time now, and do not believe it will sync folders and files, files.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users