Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another evolving cursor problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 how_word

how_word

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:18 AM

I have been having problems with my computer curser again. I reported it before, but it was easily corrected by running an adware cleaner, as I remember.

OS Windows 7 Home Premium x64 .

The current curser problem seems to be perminant, but i am hoping that someone can offer a solution or trouble shooting that doesn't involve installing a new mouse (only to find that wasn't the problem).

These are some the smptoms of the current problem, just to give you an idea.

Difficult to drag an open WordPad page (window), for instance, around my desk top as the curser will want to expand the size of the page.

Impossible to highlight a line on a web page and drag and drop it to a WordPad page (have to use Copy & Paste) same goes for a URL.

Difficult to set the cuser in a new place on a WordPad page as it will want to actually high light the entire line, if a blank line, or it will high light a word and the space after it or often the entire parragraph of text.

Difficult to highligt a single word of text (to make it bold, for instance) as the text will highlight/unhighlight at a single peck, again as if I were clicking twice.

needless to say this is makeing every task I do on the computer dang near impossible.

The problem is the same in safe mode. And it is difficult to qualify, but it seems worse when I am on the internet, espically at sites like youtube and ebay.
I often have more than one web page open at a time, rather than use tabs or back arrow. Clicking on a page to bring it to the front of the desktop often results in the page going to full screen size (when working multiple web pages like that, I have them reduce in size over my desktop.) This is annoying in the extreem, but also, I have never noticed anything like that in the past. It's as if I am double clicking instead of single clicking and I did not know that was a feature in windows (quick double click to bring a window to full screen size).

Usually impossible to make choices from a dropdown menu as the menue quickly disapears as soon as I move my curser down the menu to choose an item.

These problems are similar on web sites, filling in log in info, commenting, etc.

I have tried running the kinds of fixes I have on hand. CCleaner, TFC, adwcleaner has found nothing, nore ha tdsskiller found a thing.

Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) has found things to remove:

On Aug 11:

File System: 1   

Successfully deleted: C:\windows\wininit.ini (File)   

Deleted the following from C:\Users\JJJ\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tb2isrrv.default-1394367927409\prefs.js user_pref(browser.urlbar.suggest.searches, false);

On Aug 19:

File System: 1   

Successfully deleted: C:\windows\wininit.ini (File)   

Deleted the following from C:\Users\JJJ\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tb2isrrv.default-1394367927409\prefs.js user_pref(browser.urlbar.suggest.searches, false);

Aug 19 (in safe mode)

File System: 8

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\JJJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8QGWFWCJ (Temporary Internet Files Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\JJJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\DO644DNZ (Temporary Internet Files Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\JJJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KM1SSTOJ (Temporary Internet Files Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\JJJ\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\PSG5027E (Temporary Internet Files Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8QGWFWCJ (Temporary Internet Files Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\DO644DNZ (Temporary Internet Files Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\KM1SSTOJ (Temporary Internet Files Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\PSG5027E (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

Aug 20 (in safe mode)

File System: 0

All the above, as well, reported
Registry: 0

I read a similar problem posted in this forum section that is currently at the top of the topic list and can confirm that I have had some of the same problems, (but I didn't read past the first post, will do so next)

some of the problems I have experienced is a cursor that 'goes crazy' flipping about on it's own and opening what ever is in it's path, consequently opening items from my Start button and rearranging my desktop format, placement of shortcuts, moving the toolbar. Also it while I am online, it isn't unusual for items on my desktop (shortcuts, icons, folders, etc.) to high-light, as if an invisible cursor is working int the background and rotating thru all my items. I just imagined that it was Norton doing a background scan of the system. I don't know if that relates to the shaking that the other person was reporting. I often work with multiple pages or windows open, not uncommon to have two or three WordPad pages, and a couple of internet pages open, and often a word page page, that should be to the back will suddenly jump to the front of the pack, again I assumed it was Norton or some such.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

Edited by hamluis, 21 August 2017 - 12:42 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected, no logs - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 how_word

how_word
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:36 PM

I am wondering if I should just give up on my computer and pitch in the river?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users