Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sleep mode

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tensa

tensa

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

Hello guys, Good morning everyone.

I have this problem with my pc. I am using windows 7 professional 32-bit. In windows task manager-- processes tab-- svchost.exe I clicked the option End process or End process tree. The warning message displayed. But I did it. After that when I keep my pc in sleep mode the monitor goes off normally but CPU kept running i mean the fan running. Would you please suggest me to solve this problem. It has been two days. I restarted it. But nothing has changed

Edited by tensa, 20 August 2017 - 09:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

If it's a PC and not a laptop you can just turn sleep off in the power settings. It really isn't needed and just one more thing to cause problems.

#3 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:16 AM

It is normal to see in your Task Manger several to many svchost.exe Processes running at the same time. 

It is abnormal for one of the svchost.exe processes to be running amok consuming large amounts of CPU. 

Most of the time the CPU usage of the svchost.exe Processes should be around zero percent:

[attachment=197092:Untitled.jpg]

Under each svchost.exe process are important Windows processes and Services.  Each svchost.exe process might be servicing or "hosting" one Windows Process or Service or several Windows Processes and Services.  Unless you know what is going on underneath the svchost.exe Process it is best not to just end them from Task Manager.

As you can see here the fist svchost.exe Process with Process ID (PID) 700 is hosting these important Windows Services:

[attachment=197093:1.jpg]

If you do end one of the the processes and your system malfunctions or becomes unstable restarting the system should get things going again.

You say when your system sleeps the monitor goes off but the fans keep running.  So does mine and that sounds normal for Sleep mode.

Why do you think that is a problem?

That could be very normal since in Sleep mode the system must still have some reduced power and the fans could be those in the power supply or on the CPU cooler (if there is one).  The CPU and other parts of the system are still "running" in sleep mode and it has to be running in order to detect the mouse click or keyboard stroke that will wake the system up.  In other words there may not be a problem at all.

Do you think the system used to behave differently?

If the system used to work differently what do you think happened to it?

If you think there is a problem you need to tell us more about your system.

Is your system a laptop or desktop (we'll find out with the other questions).

What is your system make and model?

If a Dell system what is the Service Tag number?

Do this so we can see what you have:

Click the Start button/orb in the lower-left corner of your screen. Or, press the Windows logo key on your keyboard.

In the search box enter:

msinfo32

Select/click msinfo32.exe and the System Information dialog box will open.

Click on System Summary, click Edit, Select All (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste (Ctrl-V) the information back here in your next reply.

For video driver information, expand the Components, click Display, click Edit, Select All (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste (Ctrl-V) the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just delete it from the pasted information.

Edited by joseibarra, 21 August 2017 - 04:54 AM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#4 tensa

tensa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:44 AM

Thank you guys joseibarra, hyperhenry.

The problem is solved. It was not a big problem. Thanku

#5 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:14 AM

How did you solve it in case others find this post who have the same problem?

#6 tensa

tensa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:21 AM

Well, In control panel--power option--change plan settings--change advanced power settings--click the option ''Restore plan defaults''. thats it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users