Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot see other computers on my router

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 john1816

john1816

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:50 AM

I have 2 routers each connected to a modem on my office, which is then connected to the internet. My router model is TP-Link AC750 Wireless Dual Band (new one) while the other router is a Netgear router. The problem is I cannot see other computers connected to the internet through my router, when i type in "net view" i can only see my computer listed.

As it is, I can access the login page of my router and modem via these IP addresses:

192.168.0.1 - My Router

192.168.1.1 - My Modem

The other net gear router by default uses 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. I'm not sure which IP address it is currently set to, or if it has been set to 0.0.0.0. 

I've been trying to change the IP address of my router so that i can see all the other computers on my network or i must be doing something wrong. I've tried disabling DHCP on my router and changing my router IP to some IP address like 192.168.1.2 but however, my router gives me the error that the WAN IP cannot be in the same subnet as the LAN IP. I'm also not sure which IP address is in use. 

So how should I set it up?

Edited by john1816, 20 August 2017 - 08:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jimasek

jimasek

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:07 AM

TP-Link can working like an AP, without WAN connection  - http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-417.html

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:19 AM

see your other post for the how to setup in one lan/subnet

btw 0.0.0.0 is not a network ip address

Edited by Wand3r3r, 20 August 2017 - 10:20 AM.

#4 john1816

john1816
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

Ah Thanks i figured it out now what i was doing wrong.

I transferred the cable connected from my modem to router from the WAN (labeled internet port) to LAN Port 1 of my router, then the other ethernet cable from my router to PC. My WAN settings are now at 0.0.0.0 and Lan IP address at 192.168.1.66, in the same subnet as my modem. Now i can both access the internet and view other network PCs :D

*Recent Edit:

It appears that I'm suddenly disconnecting from the internet (but still able to connect to my LAN network via shared folders). Its only my pc connected to the router that is experiencing this, all other computers can connect fine to the internet. I do not know what is causing it and will continue to monitor the situation. Had to power cycle the router, any ideas?

Edited by john1816, 20 August 2017 - 12:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users