Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recycle Bin Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sbcooke

sbcooke

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 3647 SFF computer with Windows 10 Pro version 1607, (OS Build 14393, 1593). When I open the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop, Windows Explorer starts, except the top line on the windows shows Recycle Bin. All menuing functions act and work as Windows Explorer. I tried launching Recycle Bin through the command line with administrator privileges and received the same exact results. If I right-click on the Recycle Bin icon, the dialog box shows an "empty" line (not "Empty Recycle Bin"). clicking on "empty" brings up a notification box with Explorer.EXE on the blue (top) line and context box stating "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. There is no association in the Default Programs control panel for Recycle Bin that I can see.

Question 1. What is causing this issue and how can it be fixed?

Question 2. Is this an issue that would prevent my being able to update to Windows 10 Creators Update? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,803 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:46 PM

I'll be darned if I know what's causing the issue, but you could try:

to see if that will fix it.

But, if you're really wanting to force the update to Creators Update that might fix it as well.  Follow the instructions here:

Updating Windows 10 using the Windows 10 ISO file

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users