Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

X540-t2 wierd behavour

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Swearwords

Swearwords

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:22 PM

Ive had a couple of intel at2 server adapters between my server and storage machine working great for a few weeks now, I could transfer bigger files 2gb+ at 500MB/s (I think the nic in the storage unit is on 4xpcie lanes). I was happy with that. I ended up getting the x540-t2 to have 10gb links between server and storage machine and a backup unit, But im having real trouble finding settings that give me anything other than very unconsistant transfer speed it goes from 300+ MB/s to KB/s while transfering one file Ive gone thru everything i could think of in the configuration screen of the x54-t2 to try and get a stable connection. but have come up with nothing but frustration i also disabled Domain Member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always) Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always) Nothing has changed its still very inconstant from the storage machine itself the read write speeds are 1GB/s+, any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:32 PM

Your network connection is not your bottleneck the File transfer speed's of the Hard drives in the server is likely the issue. 

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users