I want to backup my 'C' Drive by making multiple disk images to a couple of 1TB and 2TB external hard drives using a couple of backup software programs that I own. Before I do this, I'd like advice and confirmation that I'm doing this right.
I assume that a disk image will allow me to restore my 'C' drive as a functioning operating system with both Windows and all my programs running just as they were. Please tell me if I'm mistaken here
QUESTION: can I create numerous Acronis, Aomei, Ashampoo, EasdUS etc 'C' drive disk images on the same external hard drive - either as individual files on an unpartitioned hard drive or in a partitioned hard drive with each image in its own partition?
My concerns, assumptions and software are as follows:
- I want a lot of redundancy in case one hard drive/disk image/imaging software fails
- I often add new software, often giveaways, so a bootable recovery disk is insufficient.
- I have the following disk imaging software: Acronis True Image 2017, Aomei Backup, Ashampoo Backup 2016, Cyberlink System Backup, EaseUSTodo Backup Home 8.8, Eassos System Restore and Macrium Reflect (free edition). Suggestions of good disk imaging freeware will be gratefully accepted
- I want to use these programs to create successive, bi-weekly disk images on two external hard drives - can they be separate (compressed?) files or would they have to be on separate partitions?
- Once the two drives were full I would probably delete every second disk image every time I created a new one. I assume this would make me pretty safe from even the most dormant malware/viruses
- I really don't want to have one Acronis 'C' drive disk image on one hard drive, then a week later another Acronis disk image on another hard drive, and then a week later, an Aomei disk image on a third hard drive - and so on and on.
- So, I'm asking: can I create Acronis, Aomei, Ashampoo, EasdUS and so forth 'C' drive disk images on the same hard drive either as individual files or in separate partitions. I've Googled for guidance, but I can't get a clear answer.
- As a further redundancy, I'll probably clone my 'C' drive on another external hard drive every month or so.
I trust I've explained my intentions succinctly and clearly.
Thanks in advance for whatever advice and counsel anyone can give me.