Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Laptop and Snowy Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jadathan2017

Jadathan2017

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

Hello,

Windows 10.

Helping my stepdad out with his laptop. It's slow. Internet and everything else. Also, he said that after he is on the internet for awhile, he gets a snowy screen. He removes it by closing the laptop and when he re-opens it, it's gone.

Can I run a log for someone here to review?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Jadathan2017, 19 August 2017 - 11:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JoshRoss

JoshRoss

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

Feel free to run logs. I can try looking over them. Generally, I would recommend doing simple malware checks using Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner, and antivirus of your choice. See if there aren't any immediately detectable malware. Additionally, check installed programs and browser plugins, might have malicious ones. But yeah, before any steps, feel free to drop in the logs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users