Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updating in bulk

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

Hey, is there by any chance a program that lets you update everything or close to everything in bulk and finds the drivers for you? For example, the sound driver, track-pad driver, graphics driver and so on?

And also, since I've never done this before, how do you update BIOS?

Any help is appreciated!:)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:51 AM

What system you have?

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

Oh, yes, sorry, I forgot to add it. It's an Asus X555SJ laptop (Intel Pentium N3700 quad-core @1.6Ghz, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM @1600Mhz, Windows 10 Pro). :)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 19 August 2017 - 08:57 AM.

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

Asus has software called Asus Manager, that should update drivers and BIOS.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 19 August 2017 - 10:50 AM.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

There are a number of 'driver managers' on the market and the general concensus about these on BC is that they are 'snake oil'.

Drivers seldom cause problems and the best place to get them from is the manufacturer's web-site. For the laptop you list, then ASUS. For a desktop it is a little more complicated because you may well have components from different manufacturers which means visiting more web-sites but the principle holds.

In general, if it's working don't fix it remains good advice, but if a device - such as your trackpad - is giving problems and re-installing the drivers doesn't work then the manufacturer's web-site is the place to go. I don't know of any way of automatically updating more than one device's drivers at aa time but you would very seldom need to do this.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

Thank you for your response, Chris! Check out my comment on the other topic in which you've helped me.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users