Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 US1993

US1993

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:21 AM

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Laptop and every time I create a system restore (say I create a system restore and name it fully functional) all is fine but week later if for any reason I want to restore to fully functional restore point it's not there.  Instead it shows last 4-5 update restore points but the one I created keeps disappearing and have no clue why.  I have changed the disk space usage to Max but still no luck, I would like to know:

1) Is there anything else anyone could suggest to rectify this?

2) Is there a way to save system restore point to external devices e.g. flash drive and restore from it when required?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

There are events which will trigger a new restore points.  When a new restore point is created the oldest restore point will be deleted.

You cannot save a restore point, but you can create a system image backup and save that.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup - Windows 7 Help Forums

You can send this image to another storage device, right click on the image, select Send to, select the location where you want to send it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users