Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

19" Widescreen Monitor Video Driver Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 silver threads

silver threads

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:54 PM

We have just purchased a 19" Iiyama ProLite E1900WS LCD wide screen monitor to replace a standard 17" flat screen. The wide screen requires a resolution of 1440x900 but this is not available on the integrated video card. To overcome this, I downloaded what I believed was the latest driver for the motherboard and installed it on the computer, but the required wide screen resolution was not available. I do not know what to do now to overcome this - everything on screen looks wrong. The monitor is currently set at 1280x1024 which was the maximum setting used on the previous 17" monitor. The highest resolution on the video card is 1600x1200. The computer is currently running Win98SE. The new monitor is VESA DDC2B compliant.

The computer has a K7SEM Motherboard, with Socket 462 with a Duron (K7) processor, a SiS730S Chipset with built in 128-bit Graphics accelerator and 1920x1200 16-bit colour.

I went on the SiS.com website to download the latest graphics driver for the SiS730 series and hoped this would work. I hoped their technical help section could assist when it didn't, but there isn't one as they sell direct to manufacturers.

What can I do now to sort this out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:51 PM

Hi, Silver threads:
Make sure you have the driver for your monitor, and you followed the instructions in the following link:

ProLite E1900WS-B1

Hope that helps.
JC

#3 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:57 AM

Try this:

Start>controlpanel>appearance and themes>display>settings>advanced>adapter>list all modes.

see if the resolution that you need is in the list that pops up.

OF
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#4 silver threads

silver threads
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:39 AM

Thank you both for youe suggestions. The reqd resolution is not listed but I have downloaded a driver for the monitor and will try that. Will post with result later

#5 silver threads

silver threads
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:38 PM

Finally admitted defeat on the wide screen. Graphics card would not accept 1440x900 resolution even the downloaded driver didn't include it. We have exchanged the wide screen monitor for a standard 19" one. Many thanks for the suggestions.

#6 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:48 PM

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting us know.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users