Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Palm/netscape Calendar Sync Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cat79

cat79

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:42 PM

I get this message whenever I try to sync the Netscape Calendar with a Tungsten E2.
Protocol Error: Handheld canceled synchronization. (4405)

The Hot Sync Manger version is 6.0.1
The Palm Desktop version is 4.1.4
The Operating System is Windows XP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:03 PM

Hello cat79, Welcome to BC. I'm learning here too,so maybe we can figure thos one out.

I seem to find thru reading that the issue may be caused by netscape not being updated.

I also found you may find something in the Hotsync log.

The HotSync Log is a document generated by the HotSync Manager whenever you start to synchronize your device. It can tell you which conduits were sucessfully synchronized, which were not, and sometimes, if a conduit failed, why.

To view the HotSync Log in Windows on your PC

In the System Tray (usually at the bottom right of your screen), click on the HotSync icon.
Select "View Log," then select your device.

This will open a browswer type window.

To view the HotSync log on your E2 (this is less detailed than on PC)

Go to Applications
Tap on the HotSync icon
Tap on the Log button
The abbreviated HotSync Log appears on your screen.
For a full version with detailed conduit actions and error messages, open the HotSync log on your desktop PC
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 cat79

cat79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:31 PM

The Hotsync log contains

Protocol Error: Handheld canceled synchronization. (4405)

The netscape version is 4.7 because that is the newest version that contains the calendar program.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:28 PM

This should work cat79
Perform your sync using the IR instead of the cable.
Apparently Palm did change the block format for the cable but not for IR.

See pages 8,9,10 for Synchronizizing using an IR Port

an IR port is a port that sends and recieves infrared signals from other devices. It is a wirless type port with limited range of like 5-10ft. You can buy them as a USB device or you can buy them as addons to your motherboard. I have one that communicates with my palmpilot so I don't have to dock it just to dl my email/schedule. Very handy and pretty inexpensive, 10-25$.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users