Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

backup strategy (3rd location)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cypriotbackup

cypriotbackup

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

We would like to keep a daily backup of our sql server, IIS files at a 3rd location for extra security. Our server is located at our hq (10/10 Mbit metroethernet). We would like to have an incremental backup of the last 5 days and the full backup of every month. We would like to be informed if one backup fails.

We would like to have the image of our server so that if everything fails, we can use the image to go back to the time in which everything failed.

What are the possible ways to do this? I would like to get info on the best ways (VPN vs ftp vs other methods) and recommendations on software.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

Along with the advice from this excellent source - BC - I also recommend posting a similar thread (make sure you acknowledge being advised to ask in both places) over in community.spiceworks.com's data backup.  Like over here in BC, over there in spiceworks, also are numerous server-level, excellent, backup personnel.  I am not a server-level backup person at all, so I will listen in and learn alongside you.

Edited by RolandJS, 18 August 2017 - 07:37 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users