Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mini stuttering in game after PC upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Szalbert

Szalbert

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

Hello, in game (GTA 5) there are sometimes situations when it randomly stutters for like half a second (fps drop) while normally it's keeps a steady 60FPS. I've upgraded this PC few days ago, it now consists of Asrock pro3 p67 i5 2500k@4.5GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6gb, 8GB ram ddr3 1600mhz, Seagate 1TB 3,5" SATAIII, 7200RPM, 64MB cache.
I'm thinking the HDD is not fast enough or the 8gb RAM just isn't enough for all the textures etc. (all the textures are set to the highest possible along with almost every other video setting). Is that possible?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Szalbert

Szalbert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

Anyone?

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

do a defrag on the HDD and then run some malware scans with

JRT (junkware removal tool)

ADWcleaner

both are on this website in the download section, run jrt then adw, adw will make you do a reboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users