Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Recommendations for Windows 10, HP 6200

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Trepid

Trepid

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:23 AM

Greetings,

Earlier this year I purchased a HP 6200 Desktop PC with Intel Core i5, 4GB memory, 500 GB HD, Windows 10. It does not have an HDMI port. I also purchased a VGA to HDMI converter cable but it doesn't work into my 32" RCA LCD LED HDMI TV, and I don't know why. (I had accidentally got the HDMI to VGA cable, and ended up getting the VGA to HDMI cable as well). Basically, I have my monitor and tv on the same desktop and I want to use the tv for the computer and other. I suppose this means I need to upgrade the video card in the PC with an HDMI port. This is where I'm stuck because I don't know which to get, and money is somewhat of an issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

What is the model of this RCA TV?

What kind of budget do you have?

Are you a gamer?

Your case is a Micro ATX, the free space inside the case is pretty minimal which may determine what graphics card you can install.

There is reasonably priced ASUS graphics card that you might like, you can view it here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

Is it one of these? https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c02779491

If so it looks like it will accept a low profile graphics card.  Something like a GT 710 should do the job for basic display output, and it's one of the lowest price options without going for a used item - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AZHOWL0/?tag=pcpapi-20

Worth checking things like Amazon Warehouse Deals too, they may have them (or something similar) cheaper

7sbvuf-6.png

#4 Trepid

Trepid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

The RCA TV is LED32B30RQ  

Yes I am a gamer, but I play most games on Xbox One.  I'm hoping to not go over $50 for the video card.  I'd like to be playing more games on PC, but I just don't have hundreds of dollars to throw in on a graphics card right now.  

This is the PC:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Refurbished-HP-6200-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i5-Processor-4GB-Memory-500GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-10-Pro-Monitor-Not-Included/46605864

Edited by Trepid, 18 August 2017 - 11:14 AM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

The graphics card I suggested is $35.00.  It is a low profile card which is what you will need with the Micro ATX case.  It has a very low power draw.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Trepid

Trepid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

Very cool, thank you very much.  Do I need to uninstall the graphics card and anything else before shutting down the PC to change the card out?

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

The graphics you have now is integrated in the motherboard.  When you install the dedicated graphics card it will automatically switch to the dedicated card.

#8 Trepid

Trepid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

Thanks so much for your time and your responses.  I really appreciate it.  

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

Glad to be of assistance. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users