Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win10 Crashing, plus a Big Howdy from John in Texas

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johneevans

Johneevans

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

Hi, joined here a mere minutes ago and am in awe of all the good folks I've been reading helping others out! Not enough of that in the world as I see it. I hope to be led from this warm heartfelt hello to the correct forum to help remedy my main issue of my Dell Optiplex 7010 PC Windows 10 crashing to boot only to Dell graphics icon and small spinning window beneath. Only F keys that i can use is F10 one time BIOS set-up message after each reboot that takes me to options of system diagnostics, BIOS configurations, system settings, unknown Intel Mebx program password protected that "admin" used allowed access as well as an administration password on all said options listed unknown and unsure how was set. These are the crux of the matters I'm experiencing along with gateway router password changing and Homegroup precrash network set-up pre final crash that has taken away any admin rites previously had using and signing onto computer as only admin user. Finally not only this PC down but 2 HP laptops and 2 Android OS cell phones taken out within days of each other. Seems mirroring or VPN seen on cells with similiar non admin rites to use as needed. On PC changes made anywhere prompts my asking trusted installer or other "owner" permission and router changes get me kicked of router setting page just for good measures. As one can see I'm having terrible issues with using or setting up/configuring any of my devices am now down to using this burner phone for internet access. HELP! The correct forum i should use for complete description and help? Regards, john

Edited by britechguy, 18 August 2017 - 09:47 AM.
Moved to BSOD, Crashes, & Hangs. If staff suspect infection please report and post will be moved to appropriate forum for those issues.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:57 AM

I'm a tad confused...you say that you are running Win 10...but your profile lists Android as the O/S.

In any case, BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ .

Louis

#3 Johneevans

Johneevans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

No sir, my Dell PC win 10 installed over Win 7 to repair same issues as now. Obviously not fixed even after 2nd clean download of Win 10 again (another 250$ paid by elderly lady here on her own that I'm trying to low cost help). So a few months ago and witin days of install 6 or 7 crashes led each crash to week long getting it to boot with network access to enable ConnectTech online access that i later discovered was merely reinstalling adapters and drivers missing. Got so common I found a folder placed on desk top page they stored them gor easy access after deleted each time. When issues worsened and I could only restore to safe mode w/out networking and took nearly 2 weeks to get there, the drivers and adapters became less of an issue as running anything and getying online was a lost option at all. Finally computer in state it is now just reboots over and over until i F10 or power off. Difference now after F10 there is an Intel (MEBx) program asking for a password and any of the other options are now admin password protected. I tried everything getting past the admin locked settings because i was fairly certain i could have found restore or repair option or BIOS and other boot configurations i could manage. However the intel program i was able to get in with "admin" as paasword but then there was more settings and configurations than ive witnessed anywhere that i was that unfamiliar with so i did the next right thing and left it, backed out and here i am. I did read this Intel mother is one of two programs finding way onto systems unbeknownst that allow backdoor passage into you rather easily then take you over like I'm expierencing. Finally when I found the admin entry password in a forum it was also mentioned that this program is one of two that sets you up like a small business with networking and other business like functions and that the AMT (? Initials) is software on the outside but the Intel MEBx (Business Management) locks up the hardware and is essentially like a computer itself thats self sufficient and cant be uninstalled but only disabled to work around. The simple quick bandaid was change user admin account name to anything else but current and you gain back control. The Android mention was at the end of my intro saying anything using my not here anymore Uverse gateway router for wifi has lost control of thier device. My cell and my sons, both android and my hp laptop with win 7 business and a brand new lenevo laptop with webroot from the geeks installed a week prior. I might add that ive run almost any free anti virus i could find and several purchased ones all the way up to near 3 digits price from the box stores to even running ISO image bootable recovery disks and USB sticks to no avail as the drives seem to not allow even those. Being here is really my second step as I've waited until after I changed from Uverse to Comcast this morning replacing all the equipment that AT&T said i was literally crazy for thinking played any part in any of this yet no one there could follow me while I explained what we were seeing on the router settings and logs that weren't normal. So now I've turned to desktop Dell win 10 that boots to F10 and the passwords and if I can get it going then recovery on laptops can come from there im guessing. I'm singing to the choir explaining this to most I'm sure but I wanted to make sure I had it right. Am I still to follow earlier instructions so kindly mentioned or were they contingent on my ability of downloading? A million thanks, john

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,294 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

John,

If at all possible please do download the requested utilities on another machine and transfer them over to the "offending" one via USB or the like if it is not capable of connecting to the internet and, of course, it is stable enough to at least allow them to be run.

If you cannot connect to the internet to post a Speccy snapshot it also allows you to save that snapshot to an HTML file which you can copy on to the USB drive along with the output from the SysNativeBSOD utility and post those here as attachments from another machine as well.

If things are so bad that the above is not practical, and that seems to be the case, then please attempt to answer the questions asked in item #4 to the best of your ability.

Given the state you describe this machine being in this looks like it's going to be quite the challenge.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users