Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

windows photo viewer can't open this picture because either photo viewer doesn't

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 m0sess

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:21 AM

when i try to open specific jpg jepg image file...it says "windows photo viewer can't open this picture because either photo viewer doesn't support this format or you don't have latest......"

how to get fix this issue so i can view my image files ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:14 AM

Right Click the File and select Properties - does the File extension end with .jpg ?

If you click the Photo File and it doesnt open with Windows Photo Viewer , it may have lost its association to those jpeg formats.

Right Click the jpeg file from its folder within explorer , and select Open With , then Select -  Choose Default Program and Select Windows Photo Viewer and also check the Box to always use the selected program to open these files , and click Ok.

If that fails it may be a fault with the Photo Viewer , then you should try as above again and try Paint - but uncheck the Box.

If Paint doesnt open the File , then the issue is with the File itself.

Edited by Havachat, 18 August 2017 - 06:18 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users