Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can i block Kodi Exodus servers on my internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ZeldaYoshi

ZeldaYoshi

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Hi, I have some family who are visiting from a few days and they are illegale streaming movies from Kodi on exodus and I have told them to either stop doing so or they will disconnect from my internet but they refuse to do both. So I want to block it if it is possible but I don't know if that's possible and how to do that. I would appreciate it. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

Are you trying to block them entirely or just block this behavior?

A lot of what you may or may not be able to do will depend on how fine-grained the controls are in your modem/router.  You could always set up MAC authentication where only devices whose MAC addresses you specify are allowed to access the router in the first place, at least by wireless.  I think it may also block throughput if an ethernet cable were used, but I'm not 100% certain on that.  This would block them entirely, but you'll have to collect the MAC addresses from your own devices that you wish to allow to connect, at least for the duration of their visit.  You can always turn off MAC filtering after they're gone if you want to allow others that you give the password to to be able to connect.

I'm also going to shift this thread over to the Networking forum as it will be via tweaking your network that you will achieve your goal.

Edited by britechguy, 17 August 2017 - 05:51 PM.
Note about moving to Networking forum

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:30 PM

you could enable QoS on your router and limit their bandwidth usage by their local ip address/mac address

#4 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:53 AM

are they using their own devices (smartphone, laptop etc) or a communal PC?

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users