Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound issue(software) on my new HP laptop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HetfieldJ

HetfieldJ

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:01 AM

So I'm seeing a strage issue with my new laptop. The volume decreases automatically the moment I play any video or audio. Whle the level remains the same, the sound diminishes. Looks like a joke. Anyone else faced this?

P.S. It came with Win 10 preinstalled.

Edited by HetfieldJ, 17 August 2017 - 07:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 889 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

yes! a lot of people have.

you need to go into settings and select sound, then select the "playback" box and then right click on your speaker device and select properties.

at this point a new windows will popup and select enhancements box then check the box that says disable all enhancements then hit apply or ok at the bottom of the screen.

this should fix your issues!

#3 HetfieldJ

HetfieldJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:25 AM

yes! a lot of people have.

you need to go into settings and select sound, then select the "playback" box and then right click on your speaker device and select properties.

at this point a new windows will popup and select enhancements box then check the box that says disable all enhancements then hit apply or ok at the bottom of the screen.

this should fix your issues!

Holy cow! It worked.

Had we been on reddit, I would have sent you gold.

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 889 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

my day job is a IT Tech, my night job is a DJ/Karaoke host and when windows 10 came into play this screwed a bunch of computers audio up.  that's the only

reason I know of this issue.  otherwise I would have probably never had to deal with it.

#5 curiousgeo24

curiousgeo24

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

Help please,no speakers or headphones plugged in is the message i am getting

#6 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 889 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:44 AM

Help please,no speakers or headphones plugged in is the message i am getting

this could be a defective jack your plugging into.   try a different jack other then the green one.  and you should be able to change the attributes of the jack your plugging into.  so it will act like the green one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users