Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting up BIOS on MSI Motherboard (New PC)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 adi022000

adi022000

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:59 AM

Hello guys!

At the beginning I would like to appologize for any gramma or language mistakes, I am originally from outside of US or England. 

So I have recentlu bought a new PC, here is it's specification:
- Ryzen 5 1600
- MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
- 2x4GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance
- Windows 10 Home
- Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
- GTX 1080 MSI Gaming X+ (comming soon)

And I need to set up it's BIOS to make it work as I want it to, but as Rookie my knowladge about BIOS is very basic. Can anyone tell me some key features in BIOS to change (I can attach any photos of BIOS if required) and what can I make to perfect this PC?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Edited by adi022000, 17 August 2017 - 04:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

The nice thing about BIOS/UEFI is that it doesn't really need setting up, the default settings are generally all you need.

However, if you are into over-clocking then you will need to go into the BIOS/UEFI to do this but i would suggest that, if you want to do this, that you go and check that you have the latest version for your mobo. Do this against the MSI web-site. Updates are generally easy to install but check with the manual first about the process. If you don't have a copy you can get thaat from MSI as well.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 adi022000

adi022000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:59 PM

I mean I know it generally works, but I am sure there are some things that I can change to make it work even better.
I would like to OC this Ryzen, but I am generally afraid to destroy anything :/
Great Idea, I have to make that MOBO Update :P

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

You might want to check your memory is running at it's rated speed.  Typically fast memory like that has a conservative speed that it will default to like 2400 mhz (for compatibility reasons) and you may need to manually set the speed to 3000 mhz to get the full advertised performance.

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 adi022000

adi022000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:19 AM

By 3000 you mean like 29xxMHz, or am I doing something wrong? Because I can't set it to straight 3000

#6 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

Close will be fine.

Edited by jonuk76, 18 August 2017 - 10:41 AM.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users