Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen on wake on PC not laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mfletcher855

mfletcher855

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

Dell Desktop I5 6th gen 8 Gb ram

Pc goest to sleep on wake up - Blue screen stating >>Driver Power State Failure<< Then windows restarts and boots normal only happens on wake up. My hunch is that the display driver is faulty which it was (yellow exclamation point) so I removed and reinstalled. Display adapter driver does not have an exclamation any more .... but the PC went to sleep and on wake up again same thing Driver Power State Failure then reboot....If I do not let the PC sleep it works fine actually really well. I am not sure I am posting in the right area of the forums. any suggestions?? I will share .dmp tomorrow morning I am done for today.

Thanks guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

Along with your crash dump (files) include the following details:

Your Dell Service Tag number.

Click the Start button/orb in the lower-left corner of your screen. Or, press the Windows logo key on your keyboard.

In the search box enter:

msinfo32

Select/click msinfo32.exe and the System Information dialog box will open.

Click on System Summary, click Edit, Select All (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste (Ctrl-V) the information back here in your next reply.

For video driver information, expand the Components, click Display, click Edit, Select All (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste (Ctrl-V) the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just delete it from the pasted information.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#3 mfletcher855

mfletcher855
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

Thank you joseibarra.... I have temporary solved the problem. It is a bad driver that shows up as functional for an older device we are using connected to PC using serial to usb adapter.... which worked fine on the good ole vista machine. When I disconnect the device the PC functions normal and even operates a litlle faster maybe not measurable. So I reached out to the manufacturer of said device and they do not support win 10 as of yet.... the best drivers are meant for up to win 7. I ordered a serial pci card at an attempt to fix. Thanks again. I will keep you all posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users