Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kernel Data Inpage Error Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KPSpinz03

KPSpinz03

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

Hello all!

I'm having an issue with my Asus giving me a blue screen and shutting down sporadically. Every time this happens it usually says KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR (spaceport.sys). It's happening more and more frequently and now when I try to boot up it sometimes takes once or twice to even get the computer to turn on. I've had it serviced and the guy said it's most likely a memory leak / RAM issue and the only thing he recommended is a factory reset MAY help it. I've already searched through this forum and did a few things some users recommended (SeaTool scan, etc.) but so far I haven't found anything concretely wrong. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by hamluis, 17 August 2017 - 01:36 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Crashes/BSODs - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

Let's check out your RAM for starters.

1)  Please download the Memtest86 Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO file.

2)  Unzip the downloaded memtest86 file.  You will need a program like 7-Zip to unzip this file.

3) Instructions for using the 7-Zip can be see in the video below.

4)  Inside, you will find the memtest86 file.

5)  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

6)  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

7)  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

8)  You will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

9)  You will see the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

10)  After the image has completed being burned click on Close.

11) Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run.  

Please note:  It may be necessary to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order and the hdd second.

Each pass consists of 8 tests, it is suggested that you run at least 7 passes, this will take several hours, you may find it simpler to let it run overnight.  The longer you run the passes the more comprehensive the results will be.

If you are running multiple modules and have a failure, remove all but one module and test it separately, continue this with each module till you find the one that failed.  

When you discern that a module is good, use it to test each slot to be sure there isn't a problem with one of them.

When the test is complete a display will show the locations of the Pass and Errors, any Error is indicative of a failed module.

Please report what you find.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users