Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RogueKiller in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hamish62

Hamish62

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:48 AM

When searching to discover if others had problems with retaining updates to RogueKiller in Safe Mode, stumbled on to your webpage (again, apparently) - have had to download executable from CNET, and delete previous ones, every single time I wanted to run an effective scan; won't even accept attempts in normal mode at all - not sure why.....while in Safe Mode and the process of running scans with different types of malware removal applications (did indeed remove a few problematic filepaths in registry, to a limited extent) my profile was hijacked on two separate dating sites, POF and Zoosk, to be slammed with nonsensical messages seeming to originate with me.....have Avast with Windows firewall (OS is 7 Pro) in normal mode, always exiting CCleaner (with which I will NOT part) upon any (re)boots to avoid disruptive conflicts with the primary, and AntiMalwareBytes as my daily instrument (AVAST Boot Scan takes too long.....). No antivirus background regularly running in SM to the best of my knowledge but, would presume the MS firewall is still up under such conditions.. ...also was having major problems with Media Player out of the blue so, deactivated and reactivated as instructed, which seemed to help - SOMEwhat.....finally, encountered anomalous connectivity issues with Internet last night and, upon being informed how much wi-fi (which I've previously had in operation as a courtesy to wireless-device-using roommates) slows down transition / initializing speeds, I took it offline, which helped - again, SOMEwhat.....something seems to be running persistent interference despite every attempt to rectify the situation (another thing: System Restore doesn't seem to be effective whatsoever for some reason now......). Can anyone shed some additional light, possibly advise me as to how I might proceed next? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

If you need individual assistance with a malware infection, you should start a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.

OR follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide. When you have done that, start a new topic and post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

If you choose to follow the above instructions and post a FRST log, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic. If not, at least you know doing that is an option available to you.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users