Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Virus effecting windows updates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cyberjunkie

cyberjunkie

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

Hello Bleeping Computer, 

My computer began running slow a few weeks ago and now the problem has gotten worse. I've run multiple virus scanners Junk Removal Tool, Adware Remover, and Kaspersky 2017. The first two scans always find negligible items. 

Today when I ran "Windows Update" the update failed. I tried running a virus scan , then restarting and it still gives error message Code 800F020B. I would like you to find the source of the problem if possible and give me detailed instructions on how to remove or fix it. Please. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

This is usually a device error code.. Ask this again in your Operating System forum above.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 JoshRoss

JoshRoss

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:21 AM

If you can, post a link to the new forum here, I'd like to help out. A couple of heads-up, have you looked into Task manager or more advanced process explorer to determine what causes the slowdowns? is it HDD or CPU issue? Try booting into safe mode with networking and updating your windows that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users