Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

feel some difficulty with photoshop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 jejjy123

jejjy123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

​feel some difficulty with photoshop. Which will be the great alternative to photoshop?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

The 9 best alternatives to Photoshop | Creative Bloq

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

As a long-time Photoshop user, I recently have started using Gimp and am quite impressed. It will do everything Photoshop will do for standard and semi-pro projects, it's free, and there is a lot of Google-search help to find. It is not for extreme, high-end pro studio work with advanced techniques, but now that I am retired I don't need that. I am quite impressed by it, and it is constantly being upgraded. To test, I just finished a 3-month intense project and used Gimp instead of Photoshop. I was impressed with how fast I picked up on the main tools, and it performed flawlessly and 100% the quality that Photoshop produced with the same project.

It is all I use now. Oh....and by the way....with what Photoshop costs now, and, if I am not mistaken, I believe that Photoshop is now on a "rental" licensing program, so you will have an on-going cost factor of $30/month or $360 a year, to consider.

Hard to beat Gimp.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 jejjy123

jejjy123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:17 AM

you provide me good resource but i need some online tools, what about these

https://alternativeso.com/canva/

http://alternativeto.net/software/adobe-photoshop/

is they are worth trusty.

#5 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:07 AM

The first link is to an "automized creation" online program for creating online tutorials; I have no experience with that. The second website you link to (alternativeto.net) for alternate graphics programs is a good website for listing alternative options. Good find on that one!

The only one I tried once is Paint.net; I can't remember much about it, but I don't have any bad recollections either. I have not tried any of the other programs listed. The only thing I noticed is that CorelDraw, Printa and Sketch are vector line draw programs, which operate entirely different from bitmap editors (aka "paint" programs) so if you are looking for photo image editing those are not for you. I know CorelDraw very well and use it constantly, but it is not created for photo manipulation. Also, any Corel product is not free, so if you are looking for a free program do not look to Corel. Corel Paint is also listed, and as I said already, it will not be free.

Sorry, wish I could be of more help. As far as I can see from the overall descriptions, some of the other programs may be as good as Gimp, but I don't think they will be better.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#6 jejjy123

jejjy123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

it is also good, can try https://toptenalternatives.co/

#7 lisamona

lisamona

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:07 AM

I also use gimpa, but I have heard opinions that not everything is so easy to do on it. Sometimes I have to look for some more specialized options. If, however, someone is looking for a program for basic image processing, then Gimp is perfect in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users