Here's the sequence of events.
1. I received an email from a friend asking if I had sent an email related to weight loss and Saffflower Oil. I had not sent such an email.I was concerned that I had been hacked.
2. Then I received an email from Uber saying that my password had been changed. I had not changed it.
3. I then logged onto the Uber web site to see what to do about hacking. It instructed me to use the "forgot password" on the help section of the Uber app and reset my password. I did so.
4. I did not click on the link in the email.
5. After setting a new Uber passworld I checked my account and then all other banking, etc. accounts. No strange activity but I changed passwords anyway.
I now suspect that the email about my Uber account being changed was a phising expedition but the email my friend received still puzzles me.
I think iPhones are hard to hack. But I changed my passcode anyway.
Any other actions I should take?