Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer powers up but no display on monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Charzz

Charzz

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:31 AM

This is all happened a few weeks ago when my computer would lose signal to my monitor while playing games, when it did this everything remanded on and the fans on the GPU would speed up. I tried reinstalling all of my graphics drivers but that didn't fix it I then found out that the video card I've been using has over heating issues so decided just to order a new one which I still have not got yet. But today  I was watching videos on youtube when my computer just lost signal to the monitor, I fiqured my graphics card was now totally poked because when I tried to boot it up nothing came up on the screen.

So I then removed my GPU and plugged the monitor into the motherboard and tried started it all powers up but doesn't boot, it wasn't even picking up my keyboard because that always lights up right before I get the BIOS. So I tried taking 1 stick of ram out still same problem then I tried removing the other stick leaving me with no ram and still it won't boot. So I tried unplugging my harddrive and DVD and still nothing. Note that everything will power up all the fans and the cpu fan ect but nothing comes up on the screen. So now I'm not sure what is wrong with the computer here are my specs

750 gold watt power supply

1070 gtx geforce

16 GB Ram

i7 6700k

Gigabyte B150M-D3H Intel Skylake mATX

Edited by Charzz, 15 August 2017 - 03:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

you need to reset the bios so the on board video is turned back on..   you probably disabled it when you installed the graphics card.

or just put the gpu and then go into the bios and enable onboard video, then take the gpu out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users