Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to copy a DVD onto my Computer?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 newlight

newlight

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

Please can someone simply talk me th0ugh how to copy a DVD onto my Computer and then burn it onto a blank disc?

I have tried Imageburn and got no where after hours.

I thought maybe theres an easier way to copy a Audio DVD once I insert it into my Desktop, so I found the folder and clicked copy and saved it into a location on my computer. And when I click on it, it plays and opens on Windows Media Player, but when I remove the disk from the computer and I open the saved file on my computer it no longer plays, it only plays when I have the disc inserted into the computer.

Ive managed to get a WAV File (.wav) copy of it onto my computer and saved but how do I now burn it? The comptuer is not reconsing my bank disk?

Edited by newlight, 14 August 2017 - 12:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

I found the folder and clicked copy and saved it into a location on my computer. And when I click on it, it plays and opens on Windows Media Player, but when I remove the disk from the computer and I open the saved file on my computer it no longer plays, it only plays when I have the disc inserted into the computer.

that means it is not saving it to your computers hard drive, windows media player is playing it from the CD

#3 newlight

newlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:55 PM

Thanks, Ive managed to get a WAV File (.wav) copy of it onto my computer and saved but how do I now burn it? The comptuer is not reconsing my bank disk?

When I click on the WAV File (.wav) copy it plays fine in windows media player. 

Ive added it to the burn list on windows media player and it says !"connect a burner and restart the player"

What do I do now to burn it to a blank disk?

#4 newlight

newlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

Can I burn onto a DVD-R ?

#5 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

stupid question.....are you sure your computer HAS a CD burner?

all CD drives do not burn/write

#6 newlight

newlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

I called DELL and they said it does...but do you know? its a dell optiplex 3020

I also have a Acer TravelMate B113 Black - Core i3-3227U but havent tried using that to burn it.

Ive put in the blank disk and Windows Media PLayer should reconise it but it isnt???

#7 newlight

newlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

Can both my laptop and Desktop burn DVDs?

#8 newlight

newlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

I have a dell optiplex 3020 I also have a Acer TravelMate B113 Black - Core i3-3227U but havent tried using that to burn it. Ive put in the blank disk and Windows Media PLayer should reconise it but it isnt???
Can both these computers burn a disk?

So even if I convert it to a ISO it still will not burn onto a DVD?

All I want to do is SAVE a dvd onto my computer and then burn it on to a dvd blank disc.

Ive saved the dvd on my computer but its saved as a WAV File (.wav), shall I convert it to another format so it will burn easy? if so, what format?

#9 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

I have a dell optiplex 3020 I also have a Acer TravelMate B113 Black - Core i3-3227U but havent tried using that to burn it. Ive put in the blank disk and Windows Media PLayer should reconise it but it isnt???
Can both these computers burn a disk?

So even if I convert it to a ISO it still will not burn onto a DVD?

All I want to do is SAVE a dvd onto my computer and then burn it on to a dvd blank disc.

Ive saved the dvd on my computer but its saved as a WAV File (.wav), shall I convert it to another format so it will burn easy? if so, what format?

what burning software are you using?

can i ask why you want this burnt to a cd?

can you not just use a usb stick?

what is the purpose for the cd?

Edited by mikey11, 14 August 2017 - 03:20 PM.

#10 newlight

newlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

I managed to burn it onto a disk but its in  WAV File (.wav) on the DVD. It plays on my computer but not on many other things

What format would be the best format to have it in so it plays on most devices? And then how can I convert a  WAV File (.wav) to the file others will mention? ie links to a programe?

#11 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

I managed to burn it onto a disk but its in  WAV File (.wav) on the DVD. It plays on my computer but not on many other things

What format would be the best format to have it in so it plays on most devices? And then how can I convert a  WAV File (.wav) to the file others will mention? ie links to a programe?

is it only audio? or video?

if only audio MP3

video+audio MP4

here is a simple converter and free program........

http://www.freemake.com/

Edited by mikey11, 14 August 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#12 newlight

newlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

Thanks, the MP3 is only available on the pay old Package, do you know of any other free programes to make a WAV to MP3?

#13 newlight

newlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:58 AM

Basically I just want to make a copy of the orginal Audio, the orginal Audio is in the CD Audio Track (.cda) which plays on everything I have tried ie DVD player, etc...I just want to ensure the copy I make is also in the same format as the orginal which is in CD Audio Track (.cda) format. 

I did make a copy but it ended up in a WAV format and doesnt play on anything except my own computer with certain programs. 

#14 newlight

newlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:20 AM

BTW I have a Toshiba SD2010KB DVD Player which is what I am trying to play the copied CD onto. The orginal plays fine but not the copy which is in WAV format.
My DVD is compatable with:
Compatibility CD Audio
Video CD
SVCD
DivX® Playback
CD-R
CD-RW
DVD-R
DVD-RW
DVD+R
DVD+RW
DVD Video
Audio CD → MP3 Conversion
MP3
JPEG
NTSC (DVD)

#15 newlight

newlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:22 AM

Anyone any idea how I can make a copy of the orginal Audio CD onto another blank Audio CD and keep it in the same format as the orginal CD which is  in CD Audio Track (.cda) format which will also play on my DVD player as the orginal plays on my DVD player. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users