Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No TV Monitor sound after third Oculus Setup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 AugustusCaesar

AugustusCaesar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:46 AM

Hello,

I have the following Problem:

Yesterday I got an Oculus Rift as a present. I installed it with no problem. Since my PC has only one HDMI slot, I had to use an Displayport to HDMI Adapter for my Samsung TV I use as a Monitor. Usually it is connected through the HDMI Slot.

Now I had to redo the Oculus Setup 3 times because of Sensor Tracking Problems. The first two times were okay, I could hear sound from both Oculus when I wear it and TV.

But on the third time today, while it installed my TV flickered a few times, and since then I don't get any sound from my TV anymore, while the Oculus still works. The Oculus headphones even make sounds from the PC which they didn't before. My TV also isn't displayed under "Manage Audio Devices" anymore ("show disabled/disconnected devices" is turned on). It doesn't matter if I plug the TV into the HDMI or the Displayport Adapter. Redoing the Oculus Setup also didn't work.

If someone could help me, that would be great! Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I tried a clean install of my gpu driver, sadly it didn't help.

Edited by AugustusCaesar, 13 August 2017 - 09:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:57 PM

Since there is a duplicate of this topic in the 'External hardware' section, this topic is now closed.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users