Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Disk at 100% Constantly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gadolinium

gadolinium

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

Hello,

I just recently purchased a new Lenovo Ideapad 320, with an AMD 12 processor/ 8gb ram.  While installing programs the computer ran out of power, and afterwars always runs at 100% disk usage, making it extremely slow.  Visual studio is taking 7+ hours to install and other programs like task manager take about 2 minutes to load. 

I've already tried disabling windows search/superfetch, increasing virtual memory to a minimum of 8 gb, antivirus checks, a disk check with repairs, and reinstalling Windows 10.  Only the default programs are installed so I'm not sure what could be causing this.  Is there anything else I can try to fix the computer, and can I get warranty support from Microsoft or Lenovo for this?  Thanks in advance for any help provided.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 28,530 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

Is your mass storage unit a ssd or hdd?

You posted that you ran disk check, what switch did you run? 

Please post the log for the chkdsk /.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 robsolidus

robsolidus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:10 AM

I joined this forum just to pass on the solution that finally fixed this problem for me. I tried every other way on my one month old MSI Laptotp. The solution - I used a program called IOBIT advanced system care. It is the free version of the program and I ran all the scan available on it. I seriously can't believe it worked for me because I have een dealing with this horrible problem for so long. I hope you fix your issue.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 28,530 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:13 AM

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

There are numerous programs which purport to improve system performance, make repairs and tune up a computer. Many of them include such features as a registry cleaner, registry optimizer, disk optimizer, etc. Some of these programs even incorporate optimization and registry cleaning features alongside anti-malware capabilities. These registry cleaners and optimizers claim to speed up your computer by finding and removing orphaned and corrupt registry entries that are responsible for slowing down system performance. There is no statistical evidence to back such claims. Advertisements to do so are borderline scams intended to goad users into using an unnecessary and potential dangerous product.

Credit for this goes to Quietman7, one of our Global Moderators.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users